Enloe Case Study
Client: Enloe Medical Center, Chico, CA
Project: Infrastructure, Systems & Data Center
Background: Enloe Medical Center needed to implement new systems and infrastructure to support a new data center to ensure timely and efficient delivery of mission-critical data.
- A detailed audit of the current environment was required.
- Quorum Technologies provided an audit and articulated the findings to senior management at Enloe
- A new data center had to be designed, implemented and brought on-line with the new Meditech applications
- New methods for remote voice and data–communications networking had to be engineered and implemented
- Replacement systems and networks within the hospital also had to be replaced
- Sweeping replacements of the desktop computing environment needed to be completed prior to going live on the new systems
Challenge: These new systems and migrations needed to be accomplished without affecting hospital patient care and business operations.
Solution: The new data center was commissioned with the following improvements:
- New WAN and LAN infrastructures were designed and implemented
- A new server infrastructure and storage area network was implemented
- Quorum Technologies worked with the Enloe engineering department, the Century Project manager, and the City of Chico to deploy a private Fiber Optic network from the new data center to the hospital to support all the floors and departments at the hospital
- Applications were migrated to the new host environment, an HP infrastructure was implemented, and a base platform was created to accommodate the future growth into the planned new five story building
Results: New privately-owned Enloe network will result in:
- Millions of dollars in savings over the lifetime of the network
- Will enable Enloe to migrate and deploy systems at the new tower in a cost effective manner
- Enhance systems' outreach to the Physician groups at large
- Implemented infrastructure is standards-based which should help future integration projects
Additional Case Studies:
North Valley Eye Care
Sierra Health Foundation